In our London office
Potato is seeking an adaptable and friendly Client Accountant to join our rapidly-expanding web development agency initially on a temp-to-perm basis. You'll be working at our modern office in central London, helping our teams developing websites, tools and apps for huge audiences.
Our clients include Google, YouTube, Tate and more. We are also proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
The role represents a superb opportunity for a conscientious, hard-working and communicative experienced Client Accountant to join our expert business team. As a rapidly moving organisation, it's important that our finance department supports our growth in people, projects, and clients - as well as geographical expansion.
You’ll be working as part of a small friendly team, reporting into the Finance Director. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive.
This is a temp-to-perm role starting ASAP.
Our Client Accountant will be responsible for...
- Regularly updating appropriate documentation and monthly revenue recognition
- Proactively following up on any budgeting, billing, invoicing, or payment issues
- Monitoring estimated project costs and flagging over-spending
- Promptly approving expense claims and responding to project and company related financial queries
- Regularly catching up with the Coach team to review project status and billing
- Supporting the Coach team with revenue forecasting and providing financial guidance
- Ensuring project records reflect SOWs and have client approval
- Updating and managing internal reporting systems
- Managing, reporting and liaising with shared services within the AKQA network
- Collating information for audit requests as required
We like to see experience in the following…
- Managing time efficiently whilst meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Producing accurate and error-free work
- Working in or with a client accounting function
- Understanding of US accounting procedures
- Cloud based tools, such as Google Drive
- Sage products, preferably Sage500, and Zoho Reports (beneficial but not essential)
- A multi-currency environment
We also like talking to people who enjoy...
- Assisting senior management with various ad hoc finance tasks and projects
- Working alongside creative and highly technical teams
- Encouraging a positive, collaborative and eco-friendly culture within the studio
At Potato, we think that technology should improve our lives. That’s why best-in-class software development and human-centred design are at the heart of everything that we do. We’re a talented bunch of problem solvers who are committed to finding a better way; delivering smarter products that provide more satisfying experiences and more valuable outcomes for our clients and their users.
What’s in it for you? Well, quite a lot actually:
- Competitive salary
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Nice laptop and phone
- Flexible working hours
- No limit on paid leave
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Enhanced Maternity / Paternity Benefits
- Gym membership
Feel free to apply with a cover letter and CV. If we like what we see we'll get back to you quickly to arrange a cup of tea and a chat.
Please don't call.
If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch.
We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing recruitment agencies in any way.