Director, Client Services
Potato is seeking a proven, ambitious Director of Client Services to join our expanding Digital Product Studio. You'll be working out of our office in San Francisco, taking our websites, tools and apps to even wider audiences. Our clients include Google, YouTube and Tate. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
This role will see you working as part of a friendly, expert team. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive.
We’re looking for a talented and experienced Client Services professional, with a proven track record of success within a product development, start-up or agency environment, to join the leadership team in our San Francisco studio. A passionate and driven individual, you will lead our Business Development efforts leveraging our unique client offering and experience to expand our reach to like-minded companies who are thinking ambitiously about their digital product development plans. The role will encompass both new lead generation and growing existing accounts alongside your peers in the leadership team where you will play a crucial role in the overall leadership and future direction of the agency.
You will be reporting into, and working alongside our UK based Commercial Director and the Business Development Director.
This is a permanent role starting ASAP.
We'd like you to be accountable for...
- New business and existing client growth strategy and plans
- Direct management of all relevant new business and existing client activities to support these plans, to include:
- All aspects of business development
- Supporting teams in account handling and growing existing clients
- PR & Marketing activities to drive lead generation including events and networking, thought leadership, campaigns and Potato’s “shop window” (e.g. digital presence, word of mouth)
- Developing and growing the Potato brand, raising awareness and improving reputation and recommendation
- Lead generation activity
- Lead qualification
- Identifying “areas of attack” (sectors and products for Potato to explore/invest in)
- The overall annual revenue targets (TBC) for our Google account and the West Coast studio (converting pipeline opportunities + generating “go-get” revenue)
- Growing the business development team and capabilities, including helping to hire locally if and when required
- Developing a best practice business development approach to help us exploit changing market conditions and scale
- Supporting and contributing to the overall development of the West Coast Studio, as part of the leadership team
What you'll be doing...
- Pipeline and CRM management
- Tracking and reporting progress against agreed targets
- Maintaining a strong knowledge of our capabilities and projects
- Ensuring our external presence (including marketing, PR) is professional, executed to a high standard and true to our purpose and values
- Taking ownership of, and enhancing, our customer’s experience (how they interface with the agency)
- Conduct/make a high volume of booked face to face or discovery meetings with properly qualified prospects
- Lead and coordinate pitch teams
- Coordinate responses to RFPs and Briefs
- Review and protect commercial aspects of contracts and SOWs
- Liaison with clients on case studies and joint PR
- Attend relevant industry functions, events and conferences to ensure a strong understanding of current market and trends
- Identify opportunities for campaigns, services, and distribution channels that will lead to an increase in sales
- Using knowledge of the market and competitors to identify and develop our unique selling propositions and differentiators
- Account development plans and working with project teams to deliver against them
- Instilling a client service ethos in project teams and upskilling colleagues in account management best practice
You'll need to show...
- Strong industry network (both agency and client direct) and extremely strong pipeline management skills
- Ability to segment and acquire new clients based on cultural and strategic similarities to our capabilities
- Strong presentation skills and ability to manage all stages of the business development cycle
- A deep understanding of the creative and product development industry
- A strong understanding of the technical/digital landscape, excellent technical knowledge and a thorough understanding of trends in design and technology
- Strong Account Management ethos to ensure hard won business is maintained and grown
- Ability to build and nurture valuable relationships with budget holders and stakeholders to become an indispensable ally
- A high degree of entrepreneurial spirit and be capable of thinking on your feet and being flexible commercially
- Strong emotional intelligence and leadership capability
- Humility, straightforwardness and high collaboration skills. This will embody our culture
- Proven ability to build credible, trusting, sustainable relationships at a senior level within organisations
- Excellent commercial, entrepreneurial, strategic and negotiation skills
- Passion for excellence and attention to detail, self-motivated, proactive, enthusiastic and driven with the ability to motivate others
- Outcomes-focused and consultative selling approach
- Comfort interfacing between teams (including engineering, designers, strategists, delivery managers and client stakeholders)
ln return you'll get...
- Competitive remuneration package (with incentive plan)
- No limit on vacation and sick time
- A unique and open culture
- The chance to work on a range of interesting projects
- Free lunch
- 401k plan
- Nice laptop and phone
- Subsidized gym membership
Feel free to apply with a cover letter and resume, and we’ll get back to you if you’re successful.
Please don't call.
If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch. We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing recruitment agencies in any way.