We’re looking for someone who writes great code, but also enjoys collaborating with other disciplines in the product team to devise creative solutions to the users’ needs. For this role, you should have an appreciation of the full web stack, as well as an appreciation of current trends in both backend and frontend web technologies. Experience with modern web frameworks is a plus, but not mandatory.
Your experience and skills
You must have:
- Proven experience building for the web using Python.
- Detailed knowledge and long-term experience with a backend Python framework such as Flask, Django or FastAPI.
- Proven experience of model design on relational and non-relational databases.
- Experience with Google App Engine or a similar PaaS.
- An understanding of security vulnerabilities and how to prevent them.
- A high-level understanding of frontend development.
- Experience launching high-quality digital products.
- Proven experience creating secure and well-designed APIs.
- Proven experience building for scale: high traffic, big data, large feature sets.
- Proven front-end web or native app development skills.
- Knowledge of testing, QA tools and methodologies.
- Familiarity with Agile methodologies such as Scrum and Kanban.
- Expertise in developing software in an area outside the Web (e.g. Game development, mobile development etc.).
You’ll have many opportunities for growth and learning: collaboration within teams, rotation to different products, experimentation on internal tools, involvement in new business and pitching, our Potato Talks events, mentorship, training courses, and conferences.
A bit more about us...
Our US studio was also certified as a Great Place to Work in 2020.
We're trying to do better and would love your feedback. If you think there's anything we could improve, or places you think we should advertise, then please let us know.
- Pension scheme
- Private medical insurance
- Employee assistance programme
- Wellness programme
- Uncounted leave (within reason)
- Enhanced parental leave
- Life assurance
- Flexible working
- Income protection insurance
- Eye tests
- Cycle to work scheme
- Season ticket loan
- Flu jab
- Birthday off
- Volunteering days
- Christmas holiday
- Free lunch every day (in the office)
- Snacks and drinks (in the office)
- Social events
- On-site osteopath
- Fitness contribution
- A phone