Front End Web Developer
We're looking for developers to join us in the San Francisco Bay Area, developing websites, tools and apps for huge audiences. Our clients include Google, YouTube and Tate. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
This role will see you working from our partner's offices in San Francisco, where you will be a part of a friendly, expert team. You will also occasionally work on-site at our client's offices in Mountain View. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive. We want to put you and your team in a position to write and deploy the best code that you can.
There are plenty of technical acronyms in here, but fundamentally we're looking for intelligent people who have an eagerness to learn new things, and the communication skills to be able to explain them to humans such as project managers and our clients.
As well as the technical knowledge, we need people that get it - people who can figure things out by themselves but know when to yell for help. Cutting down and simplifying complex problems with interfaces which make them appear straightforward.
We like to see proven abilities in...
- POSH (Plain Old Semantic HTML)
- CSS and preprocessors such as LESS & SASS
- Using Git (or any DVCS) to manage parallel development on a large codebase
We also like talking to people who enjoy...
- Working in an agency environment
- Python & Django
- Development & consumption of HTTP APIs
- Google Apps & APIs
- Scaling applications across distributed machines
- noSQL & SQL databases
- Developing for offline first
In return you'll get...
- Competitive remuneration package
- No limit on vacation and sick time
- A unique and open culture
- The chance to work on a range of interesting projects
- Free lunch
- 401k plan
- Nice aptop and phone
- Subsidized gym membership
We are sorry to inform you that due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re not always able to get back to everyone.
When applying, please ensure you attach a cover letter and resume, and we’ll get back to you if you’re successful.
Please don't call.
If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch. We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing recruitment agencies in any way.