Head of People
In our London office
Potato is looking for an experienced, measurably successful and culturally conscious Head of People, to join us in our office in central London. This individual will lead and support our talented people crew - enhancing our ability to attract, motivate and retain our teams. We are part of the AKQA network and our clients include Google, YouTube, Skype and Tate.
We're looking for a Head of People with the right mix of experience in supporting, recruiting and developing both technical and non-technical individuals and teams. The successful candidate will have a well-documented background encompassing HR, team management and hiring. They will also both understand and enjoy the intriguing caprices of working alongside people with wide-ranging skillsets.
As well as having the capabilities detailed below, we also need a person that ‘gets it’ - understanding the light-touch and nuanced nature of a role supporting a stable, world-class creative team. This role reports directly to our Chief of Staff. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive.
This is a permanent, full-time role starting ASAP.
We like to see proven abilities in…
- Expertly managing a team in charge of all personnel matters, from hiring through to retention and personal development
- Owning and measuring recruitment efforts - both for permanent employees and freelancers
- Supplementing, structuring and organising career and personal development processes that nurture maturing teams
- Ensuring that individuals are learning interesting and useful new skills/roles that marry with the company’s ambitions
- Understanding pastoral and team needs that maintain our industry-leading staff retention rates
- Organising day-to-day HR administration, from contracts and new starters, to salaries and benefits packages
- Networking skilfully with cultural awareness in a number of settings (e.g. company, client and industry events)
- Clever solving of occasionally sensitive HR situations in a fast-paced environment
We also like talking to people who enjoy…
- Working in a technology-driven organisation, with added experience outside of the UK a bonus (particularly the USA)
- Embracing new ideas that strengthen our unique, much-loved and well-regarded company culture
- Understanding and appreciating the technical and creative work our people strive to excel at
- Creative communications in both verbal and written contexts (from interviews, to job ads, advertising, public speaking, internal newsletters and everything in between)
- Making individuals and teams happier, closer and therefore more productive
- HR & immigration law and etiquette (again, extra points for US experience), in consultation with our specialist lawyers
In return you'll get...
- Competitive remuneration
- Nice laptop and phone
- No counting of paid leave
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive working environment
Feel free to apply with a cover letter and CV. If we like what we see we'll get back to you quickly to arrange a cup of tea and a chat.
Please don't call.
If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch. We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing recruitment agencies in any way.