In our London office
Potato is looking for an experienced and culturally conscious People Manager, to join us in our office in central London. This individual will lead and support our talented people crew - enhancing our ability to attract, motivate and retain our teams. Our clients include Google, YouTube and Tate. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
We're looking for a People Manager with the right mix of experience in supporting, recruiting and developing both creative and/or technical individuals and teams. The successful candidate will have a well-documented background encompassing HR, team management and hiring. They will also both understand and enjoy the intriguing caprices of working alongside people with wide-ranging skill sets.
As well as having the capabilities detailed below, we also need a person that ‘gets it’ - understanding the light-touch and nuanced nature of a role supporting a stable, world-class creative team. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive.
This is a Temp to Perm, full-time role starting ASAP.
You will be responsible for…
- Managing all People policies and procedures, customs and practices
- Partnering with the leadership team to project manage organisational and procedural changes, organisation design, leverage modelling and cultural development
- Leading the full employment cycle - hiring, onboarding, developing, training, promoting and exiting
- Owning the full hiring process including posting open positions, sourcing candidates, screening candidates, scheduling interviews, presenting & closing candidates
- Offboarding and conducting exit interviews and analyse results for trends and potential improvements
- Managing and resolving all employee relations issues
- Providing day-to-day performance management guidance (e.g. coaching, counseling, career development, disciplinary actions)
- Working closely with leadership and employees to improve work relationships, build morale and increase productivity and retention
- Providing guidance and input on workforce resourcing and succession planning
We like to see proven abilities in…
- Working in a technology-driven organisation, with added experience outside of the UK a bonus (particularly the USA)
- Expertly managing a team in charge of all people matters, from hiring through to offboarding
- Owning and measuring recruitment efforts - both for permanent employees and freelancers - for developers, Designers and Coaches
- Supplementing, structuring and organising career and personal development processes that nurture maturing teams, ensuring that individuals are learning interesting and useful new skills/roles that marry with the company’s ambition
- Organising day-to-day HR administration, from contracts and new starters, to salaries and benefits packages
- Clever solving of occasionally sensitive HR situations in a fast-paced environment for a win:win outcome
You would ideally be…
- A Problem solver: Doesn’t wait for someone else to give the answer – takes charge of creating solutions
- Organized: Ability to prioritise and deliver timely work; best in class project management skills
- Flexible: dynamic, hard-working, and able to pivot direction quickly to keep up with business demands and capable of working with multiple projects at the same time
- A strong communicator: Strong written and verbal communication skills, comfortable in engaging conversation with any level. Ability to negotiate and mediate
- A Team Player: Prides themselves on being part of an exceptional team
- Used to working in a highly collaborative way
- Confident, enthusiastic, tenacious and resilient
- Technically literate, including HR systems, databases and analytics
We also like to talking to people who enjoy…
- Working in a technology-driven organisation, with experience of US people practices
- Embracing new ideas that strengthen our unique, much-loved and well-regarded company culture
- HR & immigration law and etiquette in consultation with our specialist lawyers
- Measuring employee satisfaction and engagement, analysing and identifying areas that require improvement and recommending appropriate actions for improvement
In return you'll get...
- Competitive remuneration
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Nice laptop and phone (perm only)
- No limit on paid leave (perm only)
- Employer contributory pension scheme (perm only)
- Gym membership (perm only)
Feel free to apply with a cover letter and CV. If we like what we see we'll get back to you quickly to arrange a cup of tea and a chat.
Please don't call.
If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch. We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing recruitment agencies in any way.