Senior Digital Project Manager
In our Bristol office
Potato has an ongoing need for senior digital project managers to join us in our office in central Bristol, developing websites, tools and apps for huge audiences. Our clients include Google, YouTube and Tate. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
This role will see you working as part of a friendly, expert team. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive.
We're looking for senior project managers who can cut straight to what’s relevant and concisely ask the right questions and translate technical information into understandable answers, with the experience and hard-won wisdom to make things run with apparent effortlessness.
Our projects are run light - the least amount of intervention, documentation, and process is used to deftly deliver, often beyond what the client requires, on time and on budget.
This is a permanent role starting ASAP.
Our senior project managers are responsible for...
- Ensuring clients and in-house teams work together fluently, and everyone has what they need
- Providing leadership to the Project Management team
- Confident planning and management of tight schedules and budgets
- Accurate and lean project administration
- Dealing with senior stakeholders and analysis of our most complex projects (or groups of projects)
- Oversight of major/tricky projects or programmes of work
- Testing of world class projects that stand up to high-profile scrutiny
- Mentoring new project management recruits
- Making the organisation a better place by spotting issues and implementing changes
- Improving our general PM offering and approach by overseeing/reviewing/continuously improving PM processes and documentation - cost estimates, project plans etc, while drawing on a wide range of knowledge and experience
You should be able to tell us about...
- Challenging projects you've delivered to discerning clients and immovable deadlines
- How you’ve shaped projects to take them in the direction that’s needed - as opposed to what’s asked for
- A diverse variety of projects you’ve managed, from massive-scale products to small, rapid marketing campaigns
- Your contribution to make things work better in the wider organisation - whether by mentoring or by changing processes
- Your passion for, and broad technical understanding of, the web (coding experience is nice but not essential)
- Your client insights - awareness of KPIs, pain points, structure etc
- Proactive business development successes, identifying opportunities / gaps / problems and using influencing skills to secure a win:win
- Winning pitches where you’ve presented with a team to secure new clients
You should know about...
- Helping clients, developers and designers communicate effectively
- Using a flexible approach in a process-light environment, drawing from your wide knowledge of agile methodologies
- Helping clients solve problems for their users
- Maintaining the happiness and ability of the team to deliver of your team - despite all obstacles
- Focussing on the detail: completing tasks to a high standard, spotting mistakes.
- Big picture thinking: understanding clients’ goals, user benefits, long term planning and risk awareness.
- Broader commercial thinking: understanding how the company operates, identifying problems and opportunities, finding solutions to organisation-level problems, contributing to a healthy culture.
- Proactivity in solving problems: offering to take responsibility, starting and pursuing initiatives, delegating/encouraging the involvement of others.
In return you'll get...
- Competitive remuneration
- Nice laptop and phone
- No limit on paid leave
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive working environment
When applying, please ensure you attach a cover letter and CV, and we’ll get back to you quickly to arrange a cup of tea and a chat.
Please don't call.
If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch. We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing recruitment agencies in any way.