Senior Front End Web Developer
In our Bristol office
We're looking for experienced client-side developers to join us in our office in central Bristol, developing websites, tools and apps for huge audiences. Our clients include Google, YouTube and Tate. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
This role takes responsibility for the technical design and implementation of complex and responsive web applications, maintaining oversight of a friendly, expert team of developers and collaborating with user experience designers and project managers to deliver high profile projects seen by millions of users. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive. We want to put you and your team in a position to write and deploy the best code that you can.
There are plenty of technical acronyms in here, but fundamentally we're looking for intelligent people who have an eagerness to learn new things, and the communication skills to be able to explain them to humans such as project managers and our clients.
As well as strong technical knowledge, we need people that get it - people who can figure things out by themselves but know when to yell for help. You need to be able to cut complex requirements down to solvable problems and dive straight into implementation alongside the development team to ensure the final product is elegant and robust.
We like to see proven abilities in...
- Leading a development team delivering large-scale, client-side web applications
- Working closely with backend developers and UX designers
- Working alongside project managers and clients
- Scoping and delegation of development tasks
- Using Git (or any DVCS) to manage parallel development on a large codebase
- Reviewing development work with a critical eye
- Assessing & interviewing candidates for development roles
- Integration with server-side frameworks (we really like Django)
- CSS and preprocessors such as LESS & SASS
- POSH (Plain Old Semantic HTML)
We also like talking to people who enjoy...
- Working in an agency environment
- WCAG 2.0 and ARIA
- Client-side and server-side templating engines such as Django, Mustache and Jinja
- Development & consumption of HTTP REST APIs
- Use of PaaS, such as Google App Engine, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or Windows Azure
- Google Apps & APIs
- Static site generators
- noSQL & SQL databases
In return you'll get...
- Competitive remuneration
- Nice laptop and phone
- No counting of paid leave
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive, developer-focussed working environment
We are sorry to inform you that due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re not always able to get back to everyone.
When applying, please ensure you attach a cover letter and CV, and we’ll get back to you if you’re successful.
Please don't call.
If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch. We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing recruitment agencies in any way.