Senior UX Designer
We're looking for a Senior UX designer to join us in the San Francisco Bay Area, designing websites, tools and apps for huge audiences. Our clients include Google, YouTube and Tate. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
This role will see you working from our partner's offices in the SOMA district of San Francisco, where you will be a part of a friendly, expert team. You will also occasionally work on-site at our client's offices in Mountain View with free private transport provided. Working from Mountain View is also an option.
We know that UXers come in many different flavours and acronyms. We’re looking for someone who has the right mix of design thinking and practical skills, and is comfortable picking the right UX tools and activities for projects.
Whether it’s a rapid design and usability review of an existing app, or taking a project from requirements gathering to wireframes, prototypes and build you should be able to demonstrate clear design thinking, underpinned with evidence wherever possible and appropriate.
You should have strong soft-skills and be confident presenting in front of clients and colleagues alike while thinking quickly. Written communication is also an essential part of the role and you should be comfortable analysing and communicating content requirements as well as producing well-worded deliverables for clients.
You'll have strong examples of shaping multiple parallel projects from inception. You'll confidently work collaboratively to discover, generate and communicate new ideas, and you will have solid, demonstrable experience working as a Senior UX designer.
This is a permanent role.
What you'll be doing...
Depending on the project, you will likely be:
- Running workshops with clients and business stakeholders to define the product vision, core user experiences and project scope
- Conducting research to gather, understand and present back insight into user needs and requirements to stakeholders and colleagues
- Planning and leading Design Sprints, alongside other designers, developers and important project stakeholders
- Making ideas and insight tangible and understandable through the appropriate deliverables for the project
- Working alongside colleagues and stakeholders to define user journeys and map the experience for key users
- Specifying design and UX details through wireframes, visual mocks or prototypes and nailing down what success looks like and how to validate it
We like to see proven experience in...
- Already demonstrating success and delivery in a Senior UX role, having stepped up and mentored others in your team
- Working in agile teams in a smaller, dynamic organisation without relying on bigger team and extensive resources to get things done
- User research and requirements gathering
- Leading design sprints, with supporting evidence in your portfolio
- Designing complex user journeys and producing detailed wireframes
- Sharing design thinking and recommendations to clients & colleagues (face to face)
- Creating concise and clear documentation
We also like talking to people who enjoy...
- Responsive design
- UI design for large-scale apps
- Google Analytics
- Mentoring and overseeing other designers
- Collaborating closely with developers
In return you'll get...
- No counting of vacation and sick time
- A unique and open culture
- The chance to work on a range of interesting projects
- Free lunch
- Nice laptop and phone
- Subsidized gym membership
We are sorry to inform you that due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re not always able to get back to everyone.
When applying, please ensure you attach a cover letter and CV, and we’ll get back to you if you’re successful.
Please don't call.
If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch. We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing recruitment agencies in any way.