In our London office
We're looking for developers to join us in our office in central London, developing websites, tools and apps for huge audiences. Our clients include Google, YouTube and Tate. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
This role will see you working as part of a friendly, expert team. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive. We want to put you in a position to write and deploy the best code that you can.
There are plenty of technical acronyms in here, but fundamentally we're looking for intelligent people who have an eagerness to learn new things, and the communication skills to be able to explain them to humans such as project managers and our clients.
As well as the technical knowledge, we need people that get it - people who can figure things out by themselves but know when to yell for help. Cutting down and simplifying complex problems with interfaces which make them appear straightforward.
This is a freelance or permanent role starting ASAP.
We like to see proven abilities in...
- Python & Django
- Using Git (or any DVCS) to manage parallel development on a large codebase
- Use of PaaS, such as Google App Engine, Heroku, Elastic Beanstalk, or Windows Azure
We also like talking to people who enjoy...
- POSH (Plain Old Semantic HTML)
- Development & consumption of HTTP APIs
- Google Apps & APIs
- Scaling applications across distributed machines
- noSQL & SQL databases
In return you'll get...
- Competitive remuneration
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive, developer-focussed working environment
- Nice laptop and phone (perm only)
- No limit on paid leave (perm only)
- Employer contributory pension scheme (perm only)
- Gym membership (perm only)
Feel free to apply with a cover letter and CV. If we like what we see we'll get back to you quickly to arrange a cup of tea and a chat.
Please don't call.
If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch. We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing recruitment agencies in any way.