In our London office
Potato has an ongoing need for a Resourcing Manager to join us in our office in central London - you might currently be a Traffic or Casting Manager looking for a new role to help assemble awesome teams to design, build and deliver websites, tools and apps for huge audiences as efficiently and effectively as possible. Our clients include Google, YouTube and Tate. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
This role will see you working as part of a friendly, expert team. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive.
Our Resourcing Manager will take responsibility for the approach and systems Potato use to prioritise projects, cast team members to projects, ensure a strong match of skill sets and individuals on teams, and ensure that we take a strategic and forward view of any initiative that requires time and team members.
Potato is moving current delivery towards a progressive, lean and agile delivery culture, so the Resourcing Manager is focused primarily on taking a human-focused, and empathetic approach to allocating teams to a specific requirement. Put simply, rather than allocating Potatoes to projects based on who is available at that point in time, we want to ensure the best possible combination of people to form a team, based on the context of the initiative, the personal growth plans of the individual and the group needs of the combined team. More importantly, it’s about defining where the company overall invests its time and effort - which opportunities to pursue.
There will of course be plenty of weekly and even daily allocation and forecasting inherent in the role, evolving into a more strategic role, looking at long term roadmaps, the bigger picture and facilitating strategic decisions about business priorities on a weekly/monthly basis. The majority of day to day resourcing decisions will transition over to the Product Teams over time, as you help drive useful downtime and entrepreneurial new initiatives.
This is a permanent, full-time role starting ASAP.
You will be responsible for...
- Ensuring the successful delivery of projects by fostering an environment of proactivity, delivery, and continuous improvement
- Casting the right team members to projects
- Managing and resolve resource booking conflicts
- Running weekly resource meetings and facilitate resourcing issues / conflict resolution with the appropriate teams
- Implementing a new system, review tools and processes to improve resourcing across the business
- Working with our Coaches to ensure forecasting tools are updated and maintained
- Collaborating with various teams, including development, coaches, finance, people, design and new business to provide accurate updates of resource needs and demands
- Working with all areas of the business to assess talent needs and acts as point of contact to book and confirm talent
- Supporting the creative process in a fast paced production environment
- Fostering healthy and positive team dynamics, communication, and feedback
- Helping teams with challenges related to how they work and interact together
- Prioritising initiatives from a backlog pipeline into team allocation
- Working with the People team to review employee needs and goals over time - ensure that people are allocated according to their abilities, goals, and development requirements
- Continuously reviewing and helping to improve ways of working across the business
You should be able to demonstrate...
- A high level of understanding in digital project delivery, disciplines, product development, web, mobile technologies and platforms
- A thorough understanding of software delivery and design best practices, particularly Lean and Agile
- Quick, concise and friendly client and team communications
- The ability to effectively solve problems and make quick resourcing decisions in a fast-paced environment
- Successes in using organisational data to guide decision making and prioritisation
- An outcome-focused and consultative approach
- Self-motivation and ability to motivate others
- A high level of comfort when interfacing between our engineering team, designers, coaches and clients
- Empathy, emotional intelligence, social intelligence as well as personal resilience
You should also know about...
- Facilitating conflict resolution, decision making, and project kick-offs involving team members to take active roles as appropriate
- Working towards overall business goals and thinking at a level above individual project requirements
- Proactive risk mitigation, preventing issues from leading to preventable escalations in collaboration with the teams
- Handling and effectively solving problems in a fast-paced environment
- Backlog definition and refinement
- Understanding and anticipating clients needs/requirements
In return you'll get...
- Competitive remuneration
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Nice laptop and phone
- No limit on paid leave
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Gym membership
When applying, please ensure you attach a cover letter and CV, and we’ll get back to you if you’re successful.
We are sorry to inform you that due to the volume of applications we receive, we’re not always able to get back to everyone.
Please don't call.
If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch. We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing recruitment agencies in any way.