Senior Designer (UX & UI)
At Potato we design and build websites, tools and apps for huge audiences, for the likes of Google, Tate and HPE. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
We are currently looking for a Senior Designer to join us for a full-time role at our office in SOMA, San Francisco. You’ll be helping architect significant design changes to a large-scale application for a large multi-national client, conducting both user research and design sprints to help solve a knotty design challenge.
We are specifically looking for someone who has experience leading stakeholder workshops, conducting user research and the ability to translate requirements into prototypes that turn insights into solutions. You will need to have the right mix of design thinking and practical skills, and be comfortable picking the right design tools and activities for projects.
We are a human-centric design team, which means we want to appeal to both the head and the heart. Whether it’s a rapid design and usability review of an existing app, or taking a project from requirements gathering to wireframes, prototypes and build you should be able to demonstrate clear design thinking, underpinned with evidence wherever possible and appropriate. At Potato, everyone is responsible for the user experience of what we design and build.
You should have strong soft-skills and be confident presenting in front of clients and colleagues alike while thinking quickly. Written communication is also an essential part of the role and you should be comfortable analysing and communicating content requirements as well as producing well-worded deliverables for clients.
You'll have strong examples of shaping multiple parallel projects from inception. You'll confidently work collaboratively to discover, generate and communicate new ideas, and you will have solid, demonstrable experience working as a Senior Designer.
This is a full-time role starting ASAP.
What you'll be doing...
Depending on the project, you will likely be:
- Running workshops with clients and business stakeholders to define the product vision, core user experiences and project scope
- Conducting research to gather, understand and present back insight into user needs and requirements to stakeholders and colleagues
- Planning and leading Design Sprints, alongside other designers, developers and important project stakeholders
- Making ideas and insight tangible and understandable through the appropriate deliverables for the project
- Working alongside colleagues and stakeholders to define user journeys and map the experience for key users
We like to see proven experience in...
- Already demonstrating success and delivery in a Senior Design role
- Working in agile teams in a smaller, dynamic organisation without relying on bigger team and extensive resources to get things done
- Mentoring and overseeing other designers
- Collaborating closely with developers
- User research and requirements gathering
- Leading design sprints, with supporting evidence in your portfolio
- Designing complex user journeys and producing detailed wireframes
- Sharing design thinking and recommendations to clients & colleagues (face to face)
- Creating concise and clear documentation
We also like talking to people who enjoy...
- Responsive design
- UI design for large-scale apps
- Google Analytics
In return you'll get...
- No limit on vacation and sick time
- A unique and open culture
- The chance to work on a range of interesting projects
- Free lunch
- Nice laptop and phone
- Subsidized gym membership
When applying, please ensure you attach a cover letter, CV and portfolio, and we’ll get back to you quickly to arrange a cup of tea and a chat.
Please don't call.
If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch. We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing recruitment agencies in any way.