Technical Project Manager
In our London office
Potato has an ongoing need for an experienced Technical Project Manager with Agile experience to join us in our headquarters in London. Our clients include Google, YouTube and Tate. We are proud to be a part of the AKQA network.
This role will see you joining an existing, multidisciplinary team working on a large scale, high profile, web application and co-ordinating multiple streams of work including new feature developments, integration with other applications and ongoing support and maintenance. Working alongside the current coaches, product leads and commercial team, you will be accountable for customer satisfaction and delivery of these multiple work streams. Critical responsibilities include fast issue resolution, communications on the technical solution, budget reporting, interfacing with senior clients, internal stakeholders and handling critical escalations. The workload will sometimes be hectic, but the atmosphere is cheerful and proactive.
We're looking for experienced project manager (minimum 3 years) who has the intelligence and experience to cut straight to what’s relevant and concisely ask the right questions.
Our projects are run light - the least amount of intervention, documentation, and process is used to deftly deliver, often beyond what the client requires, on time and on budget.
This is a fixed-term role for 12 - 18 months with the possibility to extend, starting ASAP.
Our project managers are responsible for...
- Ensuring clients and in-house teams work together fluently, and everyone has what they need
- Working with in-house teams to define and deliver the work for a large, complex existing product undergoing iterative feature development and support
- Confident planning and management of tight schedules and budgets
- A strong, collaborative approach to client management with clear communication of status and future plans, and estimation for new feature work using an agile approach
- Accurate and lean project administration
You should be able to tell us about...
- Working closely with a cross functional team of developers, designers and QA and fostering a positive, proactive team environment in the face of challenging projects, discerning clients and immovable deadlines
- Working on support and maintenance projects with strict SLAs; plus ideally delivering a diverse variety of projects from massive-scale products to small, rapid marketing campaigns
- Running agile projects involving clients in sprint planning using story points, sprint reviews and backlog grooming (Scrum certification is beneficial)
- Advocating the interests of the team during meetings and relaying to the client, and representing the client to the team
- Communicating concepts to technical and non-technical audiences
- Your passion for, and broad technical understanding of, the web (coding experience is nice but not essential)
- Contribution to the development of a long-term strategic account
You should know about...
- Helping clients, developers and designers communicate effectively
- Fostering a healthy team environment including team progression and development
- Helping clients solve problems for their users
- Maintaining the welfare of your team while delivering in the face of obstacles
- Working with external clients and stakeholder management - agency experience is beneficial
At Potato, we think that technology should improve our lives. That’s why best-in-class software development and human-centred design are at the heart of everything that we do. We’re a talented bunch of problem solvers who are committed to finding a better way; delivering smarter products that provide more satisfying experiences and more valuable outcomes for our clients and their users.
What’s in it for you? Well, quite a lot actually:
- Competitive salary
- Free lunch, drinks and snacks
- A fun and supportive working environment
- Nice laptop and phone
- Flexible working hours
- Employer contributory pension scheme
- Gym membership
- Cycle to work scheme
- Childcare Vouchers
Feel free to apply with a cover letter and CV. If we like what we see we'll get back to you quickly to arrange a cup of tea and a chat.
Please don't call.
If (one day) we need you, we'll be in touch. We will not engage with cold-calling or emailing recruitment agencies in any way.